slider

This Gadget Helps You Find Your Wallet When It's Lost

The Tile Slim is an ultra-thin tracker that can fit anywhere a credit card can.

Jenny Chang / BuzzFeed

I was an hour late to a dentist appointment, when I realized I had spent too many damn lifetime minutes looking for my keys.

I was an hour late to a dentist appointment, when I realized I had spent too many damn lifetime minutes looking for my keys.

Which jacket was I wearing yesterday? Are they in that one purse? How about the backpack? Did I leave them in my pants that are now IN THE DRYER? Noooo.
– Me, every morning.

There are a lot of useless gadgets on the market – Dash buttons for binders, $700 juicers, internet-connected laser pointers for cats, and the like – but Tile isn't one of them. It can find your stuff when memory fails you.

Bluetooth trackers, like Tile, are a pretty elegant tech solution for an everyday problem. They're small, typically no larger than a tin of lip balm. Almost every tracker has the same features (including Trackr, Chipolo, and, of course, Tile): the ability to ring the item from your phone, display the item's last known or current location on an app, reverse find a phone by pressing on the tracker itself, and tap into a network of the device's users to crowdsource your search when the tracker goes out of Bluetooth range.

I bought my Tile more than a year ago. Of the three trackers I considered, Tile had the most Facebook likes and therefore, perhaps, the most users ("millions," according to the company)?? Yeah. Idk. Those users, I figured, could come in handy when I lose them for good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But even on my own, Tile has come in handy more times than I'd prefer to admit. My boyfriend has been driven INSANE by the 90-decibel Tile chirp I activate every morning to find my door key.

Nicole Nguyen / BuzzFeed

Tile Slim, a thin, wallet-friendly tracker, is the company's newest product.

Tile Slim, a thin, wallet-friendly tracker, is the company's newest product.

The company sent a review unit over, on loan, and I've been playing with it, and trying to lose my stuff ever since.

It's fundamentally the same product as the original Tile, but much slimmer and minus a key ring. There's an integrated button you can double tap to locate your phone, and it will also appear in the app with a map of its current or last known location. It has the same IP5 splash-proof rating and 100-foot Bluetooth LE range.

Tile

It's lighter (9.3 g), thinner (2.4 mm, or about two credit cards stacked), but has a larger surface area (about 1.5 times larger than the original Tile, diagonally).

It's lighter (9.3 g), thinner (2.4 mm, or about two credit cards stacked), but has a larger surface area (about 1.5 times larger than the original Tile, diagonally).

Nicole Nguyen / BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›



via BuzzFeed - Tech http://ift.tt/2ccwRxs

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

This Gadget Helps You Find Your Wallet When It's Lost This Gadget Helps You Find Your Wallet When It's Lost Reviewed by admin on 11:11 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.